Crunchy Avocado Wrap

 cruncy avocado wrap

It’s been entirely too long since my last post. How dare my full time job get in the way. At any rate, I’ve had loads of ideas during my impromptu hiatus. One of which came from a request from a vegan co-worker of mine.  She showed me this amazing crunchy, avocado wrap that looked like it had layers on top of layers of flavor. Unfortunately for her, my adaptation of the wrap is not vegan but I’m sure there’s an awesome alternative to the egg I used in the dish.  Nonetheless, the results were a symphony in my mouth.


1 ripe but firm avocado
1 cup flour
1 egg
1 - 2 cups panko breading
seasoned salt

1 cup blueberries
juice of half of a lime
2 tbs cilantro
2 tbs chopped red onion
¼ tsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste

1 cup creme fraiche
2 tsp ancho chili powder
1 garlic clove
juice of half a lime

Directions
1. To prepare your dredging station place three bowls in a row. The first station should have the flour, the second the whisked egg, and the final the panko breading and seasoned salt.  2. Slice the avocado in half and into medium, thick wedges. 3. Fill a medium sized saucepan with about 2 to 3 inches of oil.  Heat to medium, high heat. 4. Dredge each avocado into the flour first, then the egg, and lastly the panko breading. 5. Once oil is heated dip 2 to 3 slices at a time in the oil. 6. Fry the slices for about a minute and drain on paper towels.

Salsa
1. Smash half of the blueberries into a small bowl. 2. Add the rest of the ingredients and refrigerate for at least an hour.

Ancho Creme fraiche
1. Mix all of the ingredients in a food processor.  Refrigerate for about an hour.  2. Assemble all component - avocado, salsa, and creme fraiche - in a tortilla and enjoy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment