BeeStew Bakes: Oatmeal Rum Raisin Cookies

Oatmeal Rum Raisin Cookies

“‘Tis the season to be jolly. Fa la la la la, la la la la.” Oh it’s that time of year again when Christmas tunes are on full rotation on the radio and the smell of pine needles and holiday cheer fill the air.  It’s clear that I’ve been hit with the seasonal bug as I’ve gotten in the baking mood lately.  How unlike me?  Careful measuring and clear direction are not my forte.  But how funny is it that my baking fit has coincided with national cookie day? Who knew there was a national cookie day?  I didn’t know either.



Oatmeal Rum Raisin Cookies

Well I’m starting with one of my favorite types of cookies, oatmeal raisin.  Of course I can’t just make a simple oatmeal cookie.  I have to add a little something special by spiking the cookies with a hint of rum.  It’s just a hint but you’ll notice plumper, juicier raisins.

Oatmeal Rum Raisin Cookies

1 cup butter, ½ cup white sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, 2 cups all purpose flour, ½ tsp baking soda, 1 large whole egg, 1 large egg yolk, ¼ tsp salt,
½ tsp cinnamon, 1 cup old fashioned oats, 1 cup quick oats, 1 cup rum soaked raisins (take raisins and soak them in rum for about an hour)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1. Sift flour, soda, salt, and cinnamon together and set aside in a separate bowl.  2. Cream sugars and butter in a stand mixer until light and fluffy, roughly 5 minutes. 3. Next, turn the mixing speed down a little bit and add eggs one at a time.  Add vanilla as well. 4. Once eggs are incorporated, add flour, half a cup at a time, at a low speed. 5. Add the oatmeal.  6.  Drain the raisins and add to the mixture as well. **I added about a tsp more of rum, just to make it tasty. 7. Spoon the mixture and form small, golf ball sized balls.  8. Place cookies on greased cookie sheet and bake 12-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment