Southwest Ranch

southwest ranch

southwest ranch

southwest ranch


While most of my recipes come out of sheer craving or curiosity sometimes those recipes are motivated by the lack of dinero in my pocket.  This is how I make a lot of my copycat recipes.  I love going out to eat but really, if you think about it some of those dishes can easily be adapted at home.  Thus my southwest ranch dressing.  I love this southwest chicken wrap with mexi-ranch found at Hard Times Cafe, but it’s really not the best idea to buy this everyday.  Making my own ranch gave me permission to indulge everyday.


Ingredients

½ cup mayo
½ cup sour cream
½ cup plus buttermilk
⅓ cup chives chopped
⅓ cup parsley chopped
½ tbs ancho chili powder
couple dashes of tabasco
salt and pepper to taste
1-2 tsp lime juice
1 garlic clove minced

1.  Put all of your ingredients in a jar or container with a top, and shake well.  Refrigerate for at least an hour for the flavors to marry.
2.  Lastly, put this ranch on your favorite wrap, salad or cookie.  Whatever floats your boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment