Bachelorette Cookies

bachelorette cookies


bachelorette cookies


bachelorette cookies


bachelorette cookies


So I took a break yesterday.  My organizational skills for this blog lasted all of one week.  But in my haste to get blogs out this week it was brought to my attention that I didn’t explain my weekend wrap-up very well.  I plan to stretch my wrap-up the entire week not just on Monday.  So if you were wondering where Saturday was, here it is today!

So Saturday I was invited to a lovely bachelorette party for which naughty gifts were a priority for the party.  Of course, being the forever broke chica that I am I opted to make my gift.  Hence these lovely lingerie and (ahem) male anatomy cookies.  These were crazy easy yet everybody looooved them.  Did you expect any less from BS?  

Anywho, I bought some Pillsbury sugar cookies, rolled them out and used heart-shaped cookie cutters to build my lingerie foundation.  After I baked and cooled them, I used a pastry bag to apply royal icing to make pretty patterns.  Below is the royal icing recipe.

Ingredients

3 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
2 large egg whites
2 tsp fresh lemon juice

1. Separate the yolks from the eggs and lightly whisk egg whites with lemon juice.
2. Put the mixture in a mixing stand with beaters and set beaters to low.
3. Slowly add sifted powdered sugar until incorporated.  This icing should be “flooding” consistency.  

Decorating the Cookies

1. First, prepare a pastry bag or ziplock bag with a pastry tip and icing.  This icing recipe was suppose to be the consistence to flood (explained in step 3) the cookie however it was stiff enough to actually decorate with.
2. Next, take your icing-filled bag and outline your cooking into any shape you’d like.
3. Then, with the icing you’ve set aside, add a little water to make the consistency loose enough to flood the cookie.  Flooding simply means the icing is loose enough to puddle or just pour on top of the cooking to create a nice smooth surface.
4. You’ll need another pastry bag to flood your cookie in this step.

Really all I did was repeat these steps to create all of my cookies.  I used a few tutorials I found on Pinterest to get ideas on how to make them pretty.  Of course I was running late to this party so it helped that the icing dries really quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment