Salmon Sliders with Pickled Veggies



So when I catch myself wanting to eat healthy I try to think of creative ways to clean up otherwise messy calorie-rich foods.  Take for instance a cheese burger.  Greasy, cheesy, salty, saucey, steamy, sexy.  Wait, are we still talking about a burger or a man?  Nonetheless, I love both once in a while.  


But unfortunately that won’t help me get into single digits at H&M, the burger that is.  Anywho, I digress.  The point is I want a healthy burger.  While that’s not entirely possible, I’ll go for a burger-like meal.  Turkey burgers are gross and chicken burgers are predictable.  But what about salmon?  Oh yes, salmon.  I found some great recipes and opted for an asian-inspired salmon slider with pickled veggies.


Before I started the sliders, I roughly julienned the cucumber, carrot and red onion.  Then I added the sugar, rice wine and cider vinegars as well as the sesame seed oil to the veggies.  I stuck that in the refrigerator to get that pickled flavor I was looking for. 

salmon sliders

Then, I got my ingredients together for the salmon portion: 5oz salmon, panko breadcrumbs, red onion, lemon, red bell pepper, garlic and soy sauce.

salmon sliders

Next, I cut the salmon in half and added the onion and garlic to a food processor to mince the ingredients together.

salmon slider

Then I added the chopped bell pepper, soy sauce, lemon juice, egg white and breadcrumbs to a mixing bowl and mixed the ingredients together.

salmon slider

And here's where the magic happens.  I form the salmon mixture into three small patties and grill those puppies.  And finally, I buttered the buns added the veggies and went to town on those sliders.

salmon sliders

Salmon Sliders with pickled veggies
by me!

  • 5 oz salmon filet
  • 1 egg white
  • 1/2 to 1 cup panko bread crumbs
  • 2 tsp soy sauce
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1/2 small onion chopped
  • 2 tbs bell pepper chopped
  • pepper to taste
  • mini buns
  • 1/2 small purple (red) onion
  • 1 carrot
  • 1/2 cucumber
  • 1 tbs rice wine vinegar 
  • 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • scant of sugar
  • pepper to taste


No comments:

Post a Comment