Drunken Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Mascarpone

Drunken Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Mascarpone


So when I was trying to think of what dish should be my first entry I figured it should definitely include some of my favorite foods. Potatoes, bacon, cheese, all great foods in my book.  For some reason I just didn’t have anything under my belt that was camera-ready.  So I expanded my faves to booze and being the Tennessee girl at heart that meant Jack Daniels.  So what I came up with is pretty much summer on a plate.  Hot, sticky and drunk! Wait am I still talking about grilled peaches or a typical Saturday night in AdMo? I digress.

So this is my drunken grilled peaches with vanilla mascarpone.

1 peach
1/4 c mascarpone
1 T sugar
1 T half and half
1/4 t vanilla
1/4 c Jack Daniels 
1/4 c honey
1 T butter
2 t orange zest
1 T orange juice

Begin by whisking together mascarpone, sugar, vanilla and half and half in a bowl.  You just want to whip them a little to get the cheese a little lighter.  Set your cheese mixture aside and let chill in the refrigerator while you prepare the peaches.  Start grilling your peaches.  Since I don’t have a porch for a grill I used just a stove top grill in my kitchen to grill my peaches.  While the peaches, are going bring the Jack and honey to a boil in a small sauce pan.  Turn down heat and let bubble until you cook off the alcohol.  Then, turn off the heat, add the butter and stir.  Last, plate your peaches, plop a lovely cloud of mascarpone whip on top and drizzle that glorious jack honey all over that plate.  Stick a fork in it and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment